Saturday, February 25, 2012

Exploring/eating outside the base, night 2 or 3

*Disclaimer: while writing this blog, one thing I didn't realize was that it's a lot easier to describe what I'm experiencing with a picture than to describe it with words.  In the first couple trips out I was a bit more hesitant to take out my camera phone because I didn't want to look like a dork, but that has since worn off.  From this point on, if I forget to take a picture, it means that I just straight forgot.

Anyways, I decided to leave base on a Tuesday or Wed night to get some ramen.  Problem was that I didn't have any idea which way was "out" so I had to ask some folks (names were Roland, Jeremy, and Beth) who were walking around on base.  It turned out that they were heading out to eat, so I asked if I could join.  They agreed and we all went to get curry.

So, we went to this one curry place that seems really popular amongst Navy folks, called Coco's.  Coco's is known for their spiciness (ranging from levels of 1-10), and their cheese topping.  I've never seen or even knew of cheese as being offered as a topping for curry (Michelle said she's heard of it), but it ended up being really tasty!  As for spiciness, they warned me not to get much hotter than a 2 or 3, but I figured that bac gui's don't really eat spicy food so I went for a 5, which worked out pretty good.

As for pictures of this specific outing, refer to the disclaimer above.  My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment